Event Location: Yasmine Hammamet, Tunisia
Date: March 08 2008 - March 09 2008
Entry Fee: 30US$ for individual
Prize Money: 5000US$
The event will be open for athletes from Africa and also outside Africa. Entries for all Youth, Juniors, u/23’s, Elites and Age groupers MUST be done on-line by the athletes NF.
Maximum number of Entries:
- 72 per wave - 3 athletes in a team. The athletes can also be a mix from the Junior (16-19), u/23 and Elite categories.
Elite and u/23 category - US$ 5000 prize money Brekdown (1200, 800, 500 men and women)
- Prize money will go to the first three athletes over the line irrespective if they are u/23 or Elite or if they are from outside Africa
- ITU points will go to Elite athletes from Africa
- African Championship titles will go to the African athletes in the categories they have registered: u/23 or Elite Team competition - US$ 3600 (3 x 300 ; 3 x 200; 3 x 100 US$ to top three teams (men and women)
- African Team Championship title to the first team - 3 athletes per team. - Teams can be composed by any juniors, U23 and elite athletes. Youth (12-13; 14-15) Juniors (16-17; 18-19) and all age group categories.
African Championship titles
- Awards medals to top 3 finishers Athletes from outside Africa in above categories
Awards Medals Distances
Elite, u/23, all age groups: 1,5km swim, 40km cycle, 10km run
16-17, 18-19: 750m swim, 20km cycle, 5km run 12-13, 14-15: 300m swim, 10km cycle, 2,5km run
Teams: 3 x 250m swim, 6,8km cycle and 1,8km run
Hammamet climate is a mixture of Mediterranean and African. The climate is typically Mediterranean with hot, dry summers and mild winters. Temperatures in July and August can reach as high as 35°C+, with up to twelve hours of sunshine per day. During the winter there are approximately 5 – 6 hours of sunshine a day and temperatures are between 13 and 18°C. In terms of annual rainfall, it ranges from 500mm to 800mm.The water temperature is about 16 to 18°C
Other practical information
The current exchange rate is 1 US dollar = 1.3 Tunisian Dinars (DT); and 1 Euro = 1.67 Tunisian Dinars.
The official time in Tunisia is one hour ahead of GMT (GMT + 1).
The electric current in Tunisia is 220 volts 50Hz. Tunisian visa requirements: All participants from