By Merryn Sherwood on 05/12/11 at 12:18 am
International Triathlon Union (ITU) is seeking nominations from its National Federations to fill in a coach position in the ITU Classification Research Group. The main goal of this group is to obtain the necessary data, information and results that can help outline the fundamental structure of a Sport Specific Evidence Based Classification System for Paratriathlon.
It’s an exciting time for Paratriathlon, with the sport officially accepted onto the programme for the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games. This year a total of 72 athletes representing 18 different national federations competed in the Paratriathlon world championship races in Beijing.
The nominated individuals shall comply with the following provisions:
• Accredited coaching certification in triathlon, with proven experience as an elite coach. A coaching certification in swimming and cycling is an added asset.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Paratriathlon. (Added value if any experience with athletes with disabilities).
• A degree in sport science is highly recommended.
• Recommended to have some knowledge in Classification Systems for athletes with disabilities.
• Capability to analyse and report of collected data through performed laboratory tests.
• Fluent in English (Written and Spoken).
• Availability to travel for 4-5 day group meetings (first one in January/February 2012).
The ITU would cover the basic costs (travel, accommodations and meals) for the designated individual.
For more information on Paratriathlon, please click here.