- United States
- Born: 1986
Mark Barr has been a swimmer all his life. As a swimmer at the Athens 2004 Paralympics, he collected two fourth-place finishes. Barr, who lost his leg to bone cancer in his teens, also raced in Beijing 2008. As a registered nurse at the trauma surgical ICU, Barr spends three days a week working 12-hours straight on top of a swim, bike, run or strength session.
With a current talley consisting of seven gold medals and 14 podium finishes, Mark is an incredible force within the racing community.
- 2nd place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam;
- 2nd place at the 2017 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 2nd place at the 2017 Gold Coast ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- Winner of the 2017 Sarasota CAMTRI Paratriathlon American Championships; and
- 4th place at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Paralympic Games.
Latest Athlete Results
2023 Americas Triathlon Para Championships Sarasota12 Mar, 2023 - PTS2 Men - 01:05:56
2022 World Triathlon Para Cup Alhandra04 Sep, 2022 - PTS2 Men - 01:20:30
2019 Tokyo ITU Paratriathlon World Cup17 Aug, 2019 - PTS2 Men - 01:14:47
2019 Sarasota-Bradenton CAMTRI Paratriathlon American Championships09 Mar, 2019 - PTS2 Men - 01:08:53
2018 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Gold Coast15 Sep, 2018 - PTS2 Men - 01:06:35
|view full results|
Athlete Fact Sheet
|Para triathlon Class||PTS2|
|Para triathlon Subclass|
|Year of Birth||1986|
|World Triathlon Athlete ID||60932|