Jonathan Goerlach B3
- Born: 1982
Currently ranked world number three, at the age of 15, Jonathan was diagnosed with Usher Syndrome Type II, presenting him with moderate hearing loss, no peripheral vision and night-blindness. Today, Jonathan competes in the PT5 Visually-Impaired category in Paratriathlon. He has been selected as a member of Triathlon Australia’s High Performance ‘Winning-Edge’ Squad, having achieved the Australian National Paratriathlon Champion medal (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) and the Oceanic Paratriathlon Champion medal (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017).
Having completed his Bachelor in Sport & Exercise science at the University of Canberra, he holds a heavy schedule of local and international races for the future. Jonathan is particularly focused with encouraging disabled youth to realise their potential.
- 6th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam;
- Winner of the 2017 Gold Coast ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- Winner of the 2017 Devonport OTU Triathlon Oceania Championships;
- 10th place at the 2016 Rotterdam ITU Paratriathlon World Championships; and
- Winner of the 2016 Penrith ITU World Paratriathlon Event.
Latest Athlete Results
|1||26 Jan, 2020 - PTVI Men - 01:07:16|
|7||01 Sep, 2019 - PTVI Men - 01:08:03|
|3||17 Aug, 2019 - PTVI Men - 00:58:53|
|5||28 Jun, 2019 - PTVI Men - 01:03:00|
|2||18 May, 2019 - PTVI Men - 01:02:49|
|view full results|