- Born: 1992
When Liisa was eight years old, she was diagnosed with bone cancer and her right leg was amputated above the knee. Although cancer took one of her limbs, it didn’t take her capacity to move. Rehabilitation led her to start swimming. She is still the holder of three Finnish records and several Finnish championships. As of 2014 Liisa started competing in paratriathlon.
Since then, she has gone from strength to strength, securing 14 podium finishes and four gold medal. Liisa is currently ranked number two in the world.
- Winner of the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam;
- Winner of the 2017 Edmonton ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- Winner of the 2017 Iseo - Franciacorta ITU Paratriathlon World Cup;
- Winner of the 2017 Kitzbühel ETU Triathlon European Championships; and
- 3rd place at the 2017 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Series.
Latest Athlete Results
|2||14 Sep, 2019 - PTS2 Women - 01:25:33|
|5||01 Sep, 2019 - PTS2 Women - 01:30:32|
|3||17 Aug, 2019 - PTS2 Women - 01:24:06|
|3||28 Jun, 2019 - PTS2 Women - 01:21:32|
|1||16 Jun, 2019 - PTS2 Women - 01:31:23|
|view full results|
Athlete Fact Sheet
|Year of Birth||1992|