Lizzie is a Paratriathlete competing internationally with the Great Britain Paratriathlon Squad. She sustained a spinal cord injury in 2012 whilst cycling when she was hit by a trailer from an overtaking car resulting in a broken back, several other injuries and paralysis from the waist down.
In her pre-injury days, Lizzie was very active and, amongst other things, enjoyed swimming, cycling and running, but had never competed in a triathlon, although it had always been her intention to do so.
Lizzie attended a Talent ID Day with British Paratriathlon in March 2014 and was selected for the GB Paratriathlon Talent Squad. She made her international debut in Madrid in September 2014 and won a Silver medal. Lizzie went on to win British titles in Paratriathlon and Paraduathlon, a Bronze medal at World Championships in 2015, the European title in 2016 and a Silver medal at the 2016 World Championships. Lizzie is currently ranked No. 1 in the World in her class (PT1 women).
- 2nd place at the 2017 Altafulla ITU Paratriathlon World Cup;
- 4th place at the 2017 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 5th place at the 2017 Kitzbühel ETU Triathlon European Championships;
- Winner of the 2016 GBR Paratriathlon National Championships; and
- 2nd place at the 2016 Rotterdam ITU Paratriathlon World Championships.
|1||28 Jul, 2018 - PTWC Women - 01:21:51|
|2||28 May, 2018 - PTWC Women - 01:18:37|
|5||07 Apr, 2018 - PTWC Women - 01:20:04|
|1||28 Aug, 2017 - PTWC Women - 01:33:19|
|2||02 Jul, 2017 - PTWC Women - 01:21:26|
|view full results|
|Family Name||Tench H2|
|Para triathlon Class||PTWC|
|Para triathlon Subclass||H2|
|Year of Birth||1974|