- Born: 1973
In January 1997 Lionel was involved in a motorcycle accident which resulted in him losing half of his left leg (knee disarticulation). In 2009, after trying different sports, he started running and in 2012 he adding swimming to his training, and progressed to paratriathlon events.
Since then, Lionel has had a successful paratriathlon career, with six podiums and one gold medal.
- 6th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam;
- 3rd place at the 2017 Edmonton ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 6th place at the 2017 Kitzbühel ETU Triathlon European Championships;
- 8th place at the 2017 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Series; and
- 7th place at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Paralympic Games.
Latest Athlete Results
|6||15 Sep, 2017 - PTS2 Men - 01:13:28|
|1||09 Sep, 2017 - PTS2 Men - 01:14:11|
|3||28 Jul, 2017 - PTS2 Men - 01:16:10|
|6||16 Jun, 2017 - PTS2 Men - 01:17:32|
|8||13 May, 2017 - PTS2 Men - 01:28:14|
|view full results|
Latest Results Map
Athlete Fact Sheet
|Year of Birth||1973|