- Born: 1981
As Andre entered the physical prime of his life, focusing on soccer, he eventually followed his brother on the surfing dream to Santa Barbara in 2007. Surfing was his favorite pastime and he was a very strong swimmer.
On March 11, 2011, Andre had a terrible snowboarding accident at Mammoth Mountain which changed his life. It made him aware of his mortality and it made him grateful for first responders and doctors who saved his life. It gave him a new faith in humanity when friends and strangers raised money to help him get back on his feet.
The accident left him with an amputated leg above the knee but it transformed Andre into a new breed of athlete, who could continue to pursue an active lifestyle.
- 9th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam;
- 5th place at the 2017 Edmonton ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 5th place at the 2017 Gold Coast ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 3rd place at the 2017 Sarasota CAMTRI Paratriathlon American Championships; and
- 9th place at the 2016 Rotterdam ITU Paratriathlon World Championships.
Latest Athlete Results
2019 Magog ITU Paratriathlon World Cup13 Jul, 2019 - PTS2 Men - 01:17:10
2018 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Gold Coast15 Sep, 2018 - PTS2 Men - 01:18:13
2018 Iseo - Franciacorta ITU World Paratriathlon Series30 Jun, 2018 - PTS2 Men - 01:18:04
2018 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Series12 May, 2018 - PTS2 Men - 01:16:18
2018 Sarasota-Bradenton CAMTRI Paratriathlon American Championships10 Mar, 2018 - PTS2 Men - 01:10:23
|view full results|
Athlete Fact Sheet
|Para triathlon Class||PTS2|
|Para triathlon Subclass|
|Year of Birth||1981|
|World Triathlon Athlete ID||83312|