Bill Chaffey H2
- Born: 1975
While doing cycling training for an Ironman competition as an able-bodied athlete in 2005, he was involved in an accident with a truck that was travelling 100 km/hr. He broke his back in four places resulting in spinal cord damage, as well as breaking his pelvis and elbows. He spent five months recovering in hospital. As a result, he is paralysed in his left leg and has limited movement in his right.
He began competing in triathlons as an able-bodied athlete in 2001, and after his injury in 2005 he competed in his first paratriathlon in 2008. He is married and has two daughters.
- 3rd place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam;
- Winner of the 2016 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Event;
- Winner of the 2017 Devonport OTU Triathlon Oceania Championships;
- 2nd place at the 2017 Gold Coast ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 3rd place at the 2017 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Series; and
- 4th place at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Paralympic Games.
Latest Athlete Results
|3||13 May, 2017 - PTWC Men - 01:03:06|
|2||08 Apr, 2017 - PTWC Men - 01:03:47|
|1||18 Mar, 2017 - PTWC Men - 01:07:59|
|4||10 Sep, 2016 - Men's PT1 - 01:03:01|
|1||14 May, 2016 - Men's PT1 - 00:58:57|
|view full results|
Latest Results Map
The men's paratriathlon Paralympic races kick off a cornerstone moment for triathlon as they will be the first paratriathletes to ever race for Paralympic medals come September 10.08 Sep, 2016
With paratriathlon set to debut at the Paralympic Games for the first time in just over two weeks on September 10-11, ITU confirms the start lists for the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games.28 Aug, 2016
Bill Chaffey, Kate Doughty and Brant Garvey all found success at the World Para-Triathlon Event in Penrith.26 Apr, 2016
The World Para-Triathlon Event in Australia will allow athletes to collect qualification points toward the Paralympic Games.22 Apr, 2016