World Triathlon is dedicated to supporting Coaches across the World, through running numerous education opportunities, programmes and courses. The importance a Coach plays in an athlete’s life is vital for the well-being of that individual, their performance, and the culture they set within their training and racing environments. Therefore, World Triathlon must select the right Coach Facilitators to help educate, inspire, challenge, and role model best practices within Triathlon.
The Coach Facilitation Team
The team of World Triathlon Coach Facilitators have all been selected for their passion, knowledge, experience, and character. Each of the Team have vast experience as a Coach Facilitator and offer a supportive environment and a World Leading Education experience for the Coaches that attend the courses and programmes.
Coach Facilitators Roles:
Coach Facilitators run courses, programmes, and camps for Coaches and Athletes. The educational material has been designed by World Triathlon and is accessible and managed via the Learning Hub. There are several roles the Coach Facilitators have:
• Delivering Activator Courses
• Delivering formal Level 1 and 2 Coach Education courses.
• Delivering Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Courses and Workshops.
• Running camps and programmes which support Coaches and Athletes.
These courses are delivered in several ways:
• Online Education Courses.
• Blended learning opportunities.
• Face to face courses.
• Create, manage, sustain & adapt effective learning environments focusing on the needs of the learners to reach the learning outcomes effectively.
• Role Model ‘International Standards’ of best practice.
• Effective communication skills working with individuals and groups.
• Self-reflection and self-development.
• Work effectively as part of the Facilitation team.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with coaches.
• Expertise in Triathlon, with current, up-to-date skills and knowledge.
World Triathlon, therefore, have an extensive process in becoming a Coach Facilitator. The application, training, and personal development process, enables individuals to share their wealth of experience, knowledge, and specialism within the context of Triathlon. World Triathlon have created a recruitment and retention programme that offers the Coach Facilitation Team, continual learning opportunities for personal growth. The culture within the World Triathlon Coach Facilitation team, encourages creativity, innovation, and international connectivity.
The opportunities for Coach Facilitators are vast, with assignments, programmes, and courses taking the team across the World. The environments Coach Facilitators are likely to work within can range from working with fully online courses, to blending learning opportunities or face-to-face courses, where Coach Facilitators work in Regions and Continents that may offer a new, culturally diverse learning experience for them.
- 2022 Pontevedra ASICS World Triathlon Team Spain • 23 Jul, 2022
- 2022 Nur Sultan Asia Triathlon - World Triathlon Continental Development Camp Kazakhstan • 25 Jul, 2022
- 2022 Tiszaujvaros Europe Triathlon - World Triathlon Development Continental Camp Hungary • 31 Jul, 2022
- 2022 Korea Triathlon Federation - World Triathlon Coaches Level 2 E-Course World Triathlon • 12 Aug, 2022
- 2022 Korea Triathlon Federation - World Triathlon Coaches Level 1 E-Course World Triathlon • 26 Aug, 2022
World Triathlon Education: May 2022 highlights20 Jun, 2022
Project Welcome Webinar of the Korea Triathlon07 Sep, 2021
Bike fit tips with Rodrigo González07 Jan, 2020
2018 KTF ITU Coaches Course23 Dec, 2018