Application Deadline: 06 Oct 2017
Course Language: English
ITU Level 2 coaches will have a broad knowledge and can independently plan, deliver, review more complex and specific sessions. They may work with any participation group, Paratriathlon, children through to adults, participation through to performance. Coaches at this level may work independently or within a team structure or under supervision depending upon their own role and the context within which they coach.
The ITU Level 2 coach is considered equivalent to the International Council for Coaching Excellence (ICCE) Coach role. The definition of which closely matches the ITU Level 2 Coach role description.
The Level 2 course is targeted at NFs and specifically individual coaches with the potential to benefit the growth of triathlon within their region. The ITUs intention is to provide development opportunities to those who are unable to access appropriate coach development opportunities elsewhere at the current time. Priority will be given to individuals who display the following attributes:
• Desire and aptitude for coaching, with a passion for helping and supporting others, potentially across a range of contexts e.g. Local Clubs, Age Group, Child Development, Schools, Performance (Youth, U23, Elite);
• Willingness and open-mindedness to learn new skills;
• Ability to participate in the course fully and complete all required assessments;
• Commitment to fulfilling the roles and responsibilities expected of an ITU Level 2 Triathlon Coach;
• Potential to make a positive impact on Triathlon Coaching and Development in their region;
• Agree to abide by the ITU coaches Code of Ethics.
Coaches should be able to demonstrate the following in their application:
• Active Triathlon Coach, already be an active coach for minimum of two years, with experience of coaching Triathletes;
• Completion of ITU Level 1 course, with positive recommendation from Level 1 course facilitators;
• Recommendation by local NF and commitment to develop coaching skills;
• Be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course programme;
• Demonstrate a high level of spoken and written skills in the language the course will be delivered in; Candidates and NFs should check with Regional Development Coordinator which language will be used. Courses are predominately in English, Spanish or French; There may be a process of testing written and spoken capabilities prior to accepting candidates on the course;
• Attend 100% of the course;
• Ability to complete all online tasks, will require access to a computer with internet access, in order to use the ITU Education Hub before, during and after the face to face element of the course;
• It is strongly recommended that candidates have appropriate insurance cover before undertaking any independent coaching practice, candidates should seek guidance from their own NF;
• Completion of application form and willingness to take part in interview (Skype call).
More details on
ITU Coach Education Program
ITU Coach Development Pathway
ITU Coach Education Documents including the Level 1 and Level 2 Triathlon Coach - Curriculum Document & Schedule
This course is only open to coaches in Asia. All applicants for the course must complete the attached application form and return it through their federation via email to me at - email@example.com before 6th October, 2017
We look forward to working with everyone and making coaching education a priority in the development of a structure to support the athlete development pipeline in the coaching course.
Visa requirements contact: Ms. Rebecca Mok
Visa requirements contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hong Kong Sports Institute
Hong Kong Sports Institute, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong