The Ottawa International Triathlon (OIT) is proud to be the first event in North America to feature an elimination format for a CAMTRI Premium America’s Cup. The elimination format provides Elite, U23 and Junior athletes to race on both Sat June 17 and Sun June 18 taking advantage of all aspects of the historic Rideau Canal Parkway and Ottawa’s epic venue. The qualifying and finals format gives every athlete the opportunity to race twice, on 2 different course on the same weekend.
SATURDAY JUNE 17th 2017
Starting at 10:30 am: All qualifying heats are a SUPER-SPRINT distance for all ages ( 300m swim / 8k bike / 1.5k run). All heats will be allocated the same number of athletes (as close as possible). The final schedule will be confirmed after registration closes.
SUNDAY JUNE 18th 2017
10:45am Mixed Relay. Junior athletes who do not make the Finals will have an opportunity to race in this Youth/Junior Mixed relay event
12:20pm: Finals will commence. They are a full SPRINT distance (750m swim / 20k bike / 5k run).
12:20pm: B Finals Men
1:40pm: B Finals Women
2:50pm: A Finals Men
4:10pm: A Finals Women
All Elites must submit their request to race to their National Federation. Payment with the LOC can be done at http://ottawatriathlon.ca/register/ All athletes must register and make payment via the LOC website.
Prize money distribution for elite men and women:
1st. 1,875 USD
2nd. 1,500 USD
3rd. 1,125 USD
4th. 750 USD
5th. 600 USD
6th. 525 USD
7th. 450 USD
8th. 300 USD
9th. 225 USD
10th. 150 USD
Friday June 16 at 6:00PM
Race Site: RCN Curling Club/HMCS Parking Lot
6:00am Expo opens
9:00am Mixed Relay Check-In
10:45am Mixed Relay Start
12:20pm CAMTRI B Finals Men Start
1:40pm CAMTRI B Finals Women Start
2:50pm CAMTRI A Finals Men Start
4:10pm CAMTRI A Finals Women Start
5:20pm CAMTRI Medal Ceremony
Timings for scheduled events are subject to change please check our website and the event Facebook page for updates.
All events and activities take place at the Dow’s Lake Village race site
Ottawa International Airport (YOW)
The Ottawa International Triathlon venue is located between the airport and downtown Ottawa. Public transportation is very good and the travel time between all locations is less than 30 minutes. A direct taxi service between the airport and a downtown hotel is roughly $40 and takes 30 minutes.
Elite, U23 and Junior athletes and officials will be provided complimentary transport to/from the airport and their accommodation, request must submitted to the OIT Team no later than Friday 9 June to email@example.com. Please include your arrival day/time, flight number, hotel name, and departure information.
Airport Info: Ottawa International Airport (YOW)
10km – Downtown Ottawa
7.5km – Ottawa International Triathlon Venue
City Bus Transport: OC Transpo Public Transit to/from Airport
15 minutes – Carleton University
19 minutes – Ottawa International Triathlon Venue (Carling)
25 minutes – Downtown Ottawa
$3.55 each way maximum
Please book early - due to the many festivities in Ottawa for the Canadian 150th celebration, hotel and other rental accommodation is limited!
Official Event Hotel:
Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa
101 Lyon Street N, Ottawa, ON
Use booking code: OTTAWA TRIATHLON
Official Event Residence:
Carleton University http://www.carleton.ca
1125 Colonel By Drive, 172 Residence Commons, Ottawa, ON
Rooms can be booked individually (price does not include breakfast) or as a group (price includes breakfast) Linen & towels provided.
• Traditional: one or two single beds per room which shares a washroom with adjoining room
• Suite: two bedrooms each has one bed & desk and shares a kichennete and private washroom
1. Group bookings:
• Payment from one account
• Signed contract, proof of general liability insurance (coverage up to $2,000,000), and a non-refundable deposit equivalent to 25% of the total cost prior to taxes is required to officially secure the rooms
• Rooming list required; guest numbers and charges considered final 30 days in advance
• Traditional: $43.97 + HST per person, per night (includes breakfast, no housekeeping)
• Suite: $64.95 + HST per person, per night (includes breakfast, daily housekeeping)
• Cancellations must be received at least 60 days in advance, full charges apply otherwise
2. Individual Bookings:
• No guaranteed block of rooms; first come, first serve
• Guests would be required to call us individually to make their reservation
• Payment required upon making the reservation
• Cancellations must be received at least 72 hours in advance of the arrival date to receive a refund
• Traditional Single: $41.96 + HST
• Traditional Double: $62.94 + HST
• Suite: $114.90 + HST
• Breakfast can be purchased directly from the Dining Hall
You may need a VISA to come to Canada to compete. Please check the Government of Canada site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp and visit the travel section of the race website for more details…http://ottawatriathlon.ca/travel-accommodation/