[Updated on August 18, 2022] Since August 1st, 2022, the COVID-19 rules previously applied to travellers to France are no longer effective:
- Travellers are now exempt from any formalities prior to entry into France, be it in mainland France or overseas, and no longer required to present a health pass, regardless of the country or place of departure;
- Justification of travel (the “compelling reason”) is no longer required;
- Travellers are no longer required to present a sworn statement of non-contamination and an undertaking to undergo an antigen test or screening upon arrival in the country.
- The same applies to travel between mainland France and each of the overseas territories.
- Similarly, the French authorities no longer require any justification for outgoing travel from France, be it from mainland France or overseas, or any exit clearance to travel to another country.