German Triathlon Federation (DTU) Seeks Head Coach
Head Coach: Triathlon
Bundestrainer/-in Elite Triathlon (official position in German language)
The German Triathlon Federation (DTU) is the National Federation with overall responsibility for Triathlon in Germany as sanctioned by the German Olympic Committee (DOSB). This includes Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon and related Multisport formats of Triathlon.
The DTU is seeking an experienced Triathlon Coach to lead the Elite programme and build towards a successful Olympic Games. The position is full-time and based at the DTU Headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, to be filled at the next possible opportunity.
- Relevant coaching qualifications (DOSB Diplomtrainer or equivalent)
- Extensive coaching experience at an international level either in Triathlon, or one of the three individual disciplines
- Holder of a full driver’s license (comparable to the German class B license)
- Willingness to travel in accordance with the requirements oft he ITU Race Calendar is essential
- Knowledge of the German language is welcome but not essential. A willingness to learn German language skills is however a requirement
- Primarily responsible for the direction and development of Olympic Triathlon in Germany on a National and International level
- Team Leader of the Elite Triathletes in competition
- Responsibility for coordinating, monitoring and regulating the training process of the Elite Athletes through their respective training centre or regional coaches
- Responsibility for coaching and support of selected Trainingcamps, competition and testing
- Close cooperation with the Junior and National Team Coaches and the wider German Triathlon Coaching Team
- Realise targets as set by the High Performance Director
- Development of Training Strategies
- Organisation and administration in cooperation with the Triathlon Program Manager
- Participation within the DTU`s committees and close cooperation with DTU staff
- Support with the Training and Development of Coaches
- Participation in diverse Performance Sport committees and working groups within the DTU and Internationally
Salary according to the standards set by the National Olympic Committee and Federal Ministry of the Interior.
The position is to be filled on a long-term basis but is initially limited until 31.12.2020 with an option to extend to 31.12.2024.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an increasingly popular sport, in a challenging role where for the first time in Tokyo 2020 Triathlon will not only have an individual event at the Olmypic Games but also a Mixed Team Relay. As part of a dynamic team, you will be able to help steer the development of high performance sport in Germany.
Applicants interested in this role who are able to take on a high level of responsibility and have a proven ability to work well within a team, should email their application to Dr. Jörg Bügner (Performance Director) no later than 5pm on 31st August 2018.
Applications should include:
Copies of Relevant Certificates
Dr. Jörg Bügner
Deutsche Triathlon Union
Otto Fleck Schneise 8
60528 Frankfurt am Main
Closing Date: 31.08.2018