ITU seeks Editor
Following recent restructuring, the International Triathlon Union (ITU) wishes to expand its communications team to support the increasing activities of the international federation. ITU is now searching for a journalist/editor to be located at its office in Madrid. The position will be filled by 3 May 2017.
ITU is a summer Olympic federation, with its headquarters in Lausanne (Switzerland) and offices in Madrid (Spain) and Vancouver (Canada).
• Write, edit and publish content for the website, social media channels, press releases or any kind of documents required by the Communications department or other ITU’s departments.
• Assist in creating audiovisual content for our channels, including copy, pictures, photo galleries, videoclips or scripts for videos and/or presentations.
• Engage with athletes, LOCs, partners and other stakeholders to prepare content for ITU’s communications channels
• Assist with media operations and management during events
• Create and edit written content for all ITU’s communications channels in order to engage, promote and create awareness of the sport.
• Create graphic content and/or short video clips for social media
• Participate in development content for presentations, internal memos or press releases.
• Edit and publish content on the website and social media channels
• Must be a journalist, linguist or editor with experience working in sport events. Knowledge about the sport of triathlon is desirable, although not essential
• Native English speaker, other languages desirable
• Must have advanced proofreading or edit skills
• Must have some knowledge of graphic design and video editing software and skills
• Experience in working remotely with Content Management Systems and Social media tools
• Digitally savvy, a team player and a great all-rounder, with experience of reporting at all levels.
• Must have the ability to organise, plan and work to strict deadlines.
• All candidates must possess a ‘can-do’ attitude, a progressive personality and enjoy engaging with internal team members, as well as external stakeholders.
• Available to work on week-ends both on site and remotely
Interested candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: Journalist/editor process. The closing date for applications is 15 April 2017.