Luxembourg Triathlon Federation is looking for a Coach
The Luxembourg Triathlon Federation (FLTRI) is the recognized national sports federation for triathlon, duathlon and related multi-sport disciplines. The FLTRI is affiliated to the International Triathlon Federation (World Triathlon), the European Triathlon Federation (Europe Triathlon) and the Comité Olympique et Sportif Luxembourgeois (COSL). The FLTRI currently has 13 clubs and more than 500 licensed triathletes. It has a very good group of Elite and Youth athletes, highlighted by a qualification for the Olympic Games in Tokyo 2020 and a title of European Youth Champion in 2021.
As part of its performance strategy and long-term development, the FLTRI is looking for a qualified, experienced, and motivated triathlon coach (M/F) to take on the role of federal coach with athletes evolving at the international level and/or young athletes in development, for a full-time position (40h per week) to be filled as of January 16, 2023 for a fixed period of twelve (12) months.
The coach will work under the supervision of the National Technical Director and the National Coach. He/she will be part of a team of coaches, including assistant coaches, and his/her main responsibility will be the coordination of the training center and more specifically the planning and daily conduct of training sessions. In addition, he/she will provide development, training and leadership to the FLTRI team.
He/she will participate in the daily administrative tasks of the federation. The realization of his missions will extend over an atypical time frame to meet the requirements of the position, including early mornings, evenings and weekends, school vacations if necessary (the realization of his missions will be done from Luxembourg (at the office of the House of Sports and on the training sites of the various groups) and in travel to the training and competition sites.
The candidate must have :
- A level A triathlon coaching diploma or recognized as such in Luxembourg (a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in sports science or being a certified triathlon coach is considered an advantage)
- Several years of professional experience as a competitive triathlon coach in a club or national structure is an asset
- Knowledge and experience in the development, organization, implementation and coordination of a training program
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with athletes and partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French and/or German. Knowledge of Luxembourgish and any other language is an advantage
Applications must include:
- A letter of motivation
- and a full CV relevant to the position
and should be sent by e-mail to Michael KUNDE - Secretary General of the Luxembourg Triathlon Federation (firstname.lastname@example.org). All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.