World Triathlon is looking for a Head of Strategic Initiatives & Partnerships
Combine the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity, and this is what you get: cutting-edge projects in one of the fastest-growing sports in the world and a global health movement that is improving the lives of millions as well as our planet. At World Triathlon, innovation is about finding new ways to collaborate and cultivate our community, making sure that our values and our newly approved Strategic Plan are at the heart of every opportunity we take to grow the sport. Join us and be extraordinary.
The World Triathlon Marketing and Commercial Department drives forward strategic initiatives across the expansive Triathlon Ecosystem. We are part of a global membership and exercise community with diverse options for all to participate in. We work closely with our National Federations to develop commercial pathways, provide strategic direction, identify and assess new opportunities, develop partnerships and innovate to find new growth solutions.
As Head of Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships, you will leverage commercial opportunity, data and relationships to solve our most significant growth challenges and work alongside both our global membership and private event organisers.
• To lead World Triathlon initiatives spanning growth strategy, product strategy, and commercial excellence by directly scoping, initiating, planning, executing, and controlling large and complex projects tied to high priority commercial objectives
• Establish objectives, define deliverables, structure work effort, and mobilise cross-functional teams to deliver impactful strategic initiatives against multiple high priorities.
• Use data-driven insights to support goals and actions in line with World Triathlon’s strategic direction.
• Act as a thought leader to solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on a sustainable growth curve of the sport
• Show measurable commercial impact for the organisation and throughout the triathlon ecosystem
You will be rewarded and recognised for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you a clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role in front of the growing membership.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience working on a corporate strategy team and/or management consulting experience, at least two years of which must be working for a large stakeholder organisation
• Experience in managing and prioritising multiple projects to ensure their quality and on-time delivery
• Experience with conceptual, analytical and financial modelling
• Experience delivering results with large-scale, cross-functional teams in a matrix organisation
• Experience developing and delivering presentations and making strategic recommendations to Executives & Federation membership
• Willingness to travel up to 25% of your time to all major events & meetings
• Complete COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role
World Triathlon is a non-profit organisation, incorporated under Swiss law and recognised by the International Olympic and Paralympic Committees as the world governing body for the sport of triathlon, duathlon, aquathlon, winter triathlon, arena games and all other related multisports. World Triathlon maintains offices in Madrid, Lausanne, and Vancouver. The staff includes 26 individuals organised into seven departments: anti-doping, national federation services & development, communication, marketing & commercial, sport, administration and technology & television. The organisation’s main activities include:
• Organisation of Major Sport events, including sanctioned World Championships and the Olympic and Paralympic Games
• Development activities to grow the sport worldwide through our National Federations
• Education of coaches, technical officials and other stakeholders involved in the sport
• Regulation of the sport, including competition rules, disciplinary rules, integrity rules
• Anti-doping activities within the sport
• Marketing and TV broadcasting of events and management of intellectual property rights
• Administration and governance
• Sustainability measures across global events
Proposed project timeline:
Clarifying Questions to be submitted by: 10 January 2022
Response to Questions: 13 January 2022
Submission Deadline: Midnight CET, 15 January 2022
Shortlist identified: January 2022
Interviews *Virtual: 31 January 2022
How to apply:
• Please submit a CV no longer than three (3) pages in length, plus any relevant references you wish to supply.
• Proposals must be received via email before midnight (CET) on 15 January 2022. Please address your proposal to: Antonio F. Arimany, Secretary-General and submit by e-mail to email@example.com.
World Triathlon would like to thank you for your time and attention to this matter. Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.