World Triathlon is looking for a Sustainability Manager
World Triathlon is looking to expand its team in order to support the increasing activities of the international federation and is now seeking a Sustainability Manager to join the team! As World Triathlon Sustainability Manager, the newest member of the team will be responsible for managing and improving World Triathlon’s sustainability policies and procedures.
* The successful candidate will be in charge of World Triathlon’s sustainability initiatives and report to the Secretary-General.
* Will be well-versed in sustainability practices within sports organisations
* Will be able to complete sustainability audits, write comprehensive reports, and present to various audiences, all in English.
* Complete sustainability plans for the organisation and key stakeholders.
* Conduct site assessments and produce reports on findings.
* Initiate renewable energy assessments.
* Advise on the latest low or zero-carbon technologies.
* Write reports and fulfill obligations for our partners in sustainability.
* Work with the Sustainability Commission and World Triathlon staff to improve sustainability within the organization and its stakeholders.
* Review the Strategic Plan, Event Organisers Manual, and other documents and suggest and model ways to improve our sustainability as an organisation.
The candidate must:
* Be fluent in written and spoken English (other languages are an asset).
* Have at least three years of experience in the sustainability field.
* Be educated in sustainability, with a master’s in Environmental Sustainability or equivalent.
* Be a creative thinker.
* Have good time management skills.
* Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Be able to travel internationally if/when required.
* Work well independently and within various team settings.
* Be able to organize, plan and work to strict deadlines.
A knowledge of the sport of triathlon is desirable, although not essential.
World Triathlon is the world governing body for the Olympic and Paralympic sport of Triathlon and all related Multisport disciplines: Duathlon, Aquathlon, Cross Triathlon, Aquabike and Winter Triathlon. World Triathlon was founded in 1989 at the first Congress in Avignon, France. World Triathlon is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and has offices in Madrid, Spain, and Vancouver, Canada. It has 170 affiliated National Federations worldwide and is one of the youngest international federations in the Olympic Games. Triathlon was awarded Olympic Games status in 1994. World Triathlon is proudly committed to supporting the development of the sport worldwide through strong relationships with continental and national federations, working with its partners to offer a balanced sport development program from grassroots to a high-performance level. For more information, visit: www.triathlon.org
Position: Sustainability Manager
Company: World Triathlon
Application Deadline: 18 February 2024
Classification: Full-time Employee
Start date: 15 April 2024
Location: There is the possibility of working in any of the three World Triathlon offices, or remotely.
Please email: email@example.com with a current résumé and cover letter.
References may be requested. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.