World Triathlon Powerman LD Duathlon Championships Zofingen approved for 3 September
World Triathlon Executive Board met virtually to continue working on the preparations for the 2022 Season, and also approved the new members for the Sustainability Commission.
The new event added to the 2022 calendar is the 2022 World Triathlon Powerman Long Distance Duathlon Championships, which will take place in Zofingen (Switzerland) on the weekend of September 3-4, 2022. The classic event on the World Triathlon calendar will once again be disputed over the 10 km Run/150 km Cycling / 30 km Running distances, with athletes from all over the world vying for the world crowns.
Due to the current situation with the COVID pandemic and travel restrictions, the Board approved the decision of Triathlon Japan of the cancellation of the World Triathlon Cup Miyazaki planned for March 2022.
More events will be added to the 2022 season calendar in the upcoming weeks.
The Executive Board also approved the new members of the Sustainability Commission:
- Julie Duffus, IOC Sustainability Manager
- Carolyn Kenney (nominated by Triathlon Ireland), Director of Sustainability, Logitech
- Kristina Mena (nominated by USAT), El Paso Campus Dean and Associate Professor Epidemiology, Human Genetics, and Environmental Sciences UTHealth School of Public Health
- Ben Cumming (nominated by BTF), Director, Partnerships, Commercial and External Affairs and executive lead of the BTF Sustainability Commission
- Dag Oliver (nominated by Norway Triathlon Federation), Event Organizer/ Environmental Lighthouse certification/ Sustainability “evangelist” in sports in Norway/ Project Manager on Sustainability at Zalaris
- Ramon Marchan (nominated by Philippines Triathlon Federation), an active campaigner for the Green Triathlon Initiative in Asia almost a decade ago, President and General Manager, Eco Access Systems & Solutions Inc, Secretary-General of the Philippines Triathlon Federation.
- Non Stanford, Elite athlete
World Triathlon would like to thank all the candidates and National Federations that submitted their candidatures for being included in the Commission, the candidatures were all overwhelming, and it was really a hard decision to select the ones that will work from now on on the Commission.