Riga is ready to welcome athletes for its eight year in a row, this time moving away from the busy city center and into the heart of its active and recreational Riga Park. Mezaparks is one of the most beautiful, greenest, and also one of the most prestigious neighborhoods in Riga, as well as a popular recreation area. It is situated next to Lake Kisezers and has hosted numerous sport and cultural events.
COVID- 19 ADVICE
Travelers who have arrived in Latvia from a COVID-19 affected area with cumulative indicator above 15 (countries marked in yellow and red), should take special protection measures and would, therefore, be unable to participate in the race. Please see the following link for weekly updates (updated every Friday).
COVID-19 UPDATE (28/07/2020)*
The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia has provided special regulations for the travel of international athletes to internationally recognized competitions in Latvia. Athletes traveling from high-risk countries specified on the SKPC website are allowed to enter the country, bypass mandatory self-isolation, and participate in the sports event by abiding the following instructions:
1) Take 2 COVID-19 tests:
• Take the 1st test no sooner than 3 days before departure - submit the results to email@example.com;
• Take the 2nd test within 24 hours after arriving in Latvia (price 55-60 EUR), observe self-isolation rules while awaiting test results;
• To give plenty of time for test results, please arrive on August 14th, the testing schedule will be specified before arrival.
2) Use face masks;
3) Sign the form of compliance with all COVID-19 precautions and hand in your test results before receiving accreditation;
4) Self-isolate, monitor your health 2 times a day, and follow all COVID-19 precautions outside the competition hours;
5) Do not take public transport, visit public spaces, restaurants, pubs, etc.;
6) If the length of stay exceeds 5 days, undergo a COVID-19 test on the 5th, 10th, and 15th day counting from the day of arrival.
*These instructions are ONLY for athletes and their accompanying staff arriving from countries that require mandatory 14-day self-isolation.
12:00 – 17:30 Accreditation – Hotel Mezaparks
14:00 – 14:45 Swim course familiarization – Lake Kisezers (Mezaparks beach)
15:00 - 15:30 Bike course familiarization – T1 at the Mezaparks Beach
16:00 – 16:30 Run course familiarization – T2 at the Grand Stage
18:00 – 18:45 ETU Junior and Baltic Championship Briefing – Hotel Mezaparks
18:45 – 19:15 Race Package pick up – Hotel Mezaparks
10:00 Athletes’ Lounge opened
11:00 - 11:20 Transition Area 2 Check-in – women
11:15 – 11:45 Transition Area 1 Check-in – women
11:55 – 12:00 Start line-up - Junior women – at the start area
12:00 START– ETU Junior Cup women
12:25 – 12:30 Start line-up – Baltic Championship women – at the start area
12:30 START – Baltic Championship women
13:05 – 13:25 Transition Area 2 Check-out – women
13:05 – 13:40 Transition Area 1 Check-out – women (by TO)
13:45 Award Ceremony - women
13:30 – 13:50 Transition Area 2 Check-in –men
13:45 – 14:15 Transition Area 1 Check-in –men
14:25 – 14:30 Start line-up – Junior men – at the start area
14:30 START – ETU Junior Cup men
14:55 – 15:00 Start line up – Baltic Championship men – at the start area
15:00 START – Baltic Championship men
15:35 – 15:55 Transition Area 2 Check-out – men
15:35 – 16:10 Transition Area 1 Check-out – men (by TO)
16:15 Award Ceremony – men
16:30 Athletes’ Lounge closed