Location: Subic Bay | Philippines
Date: January 30 2012 - February 03 2012
Application Deadline: December 30 2011
Facilitator: Libby Burrell
Contact: Katrina Evans - ITU
The first ITU Level 2 Competitive Coaching course of the 2012 season will be held in Subic Bay, Philippines from January 30th to February 03rd, 2012.
This regional ITU Level 2 Competitive Coaching course is funded by Olympic Solidarity with the support of the National Olympic Committee of the Philippines and is a development initiative with the objective to advance the level of coaching in the National Federation of the Philippines as well as in Asia as a region.
This 5 day applied course integrates sport sciences with the specific preparation, planning and evaluation of the ITU junior and U23 triathlete.
• While the participants will be drawn primarily from the local coaching community of the Philippines, nominations from active triathlon coaches in Asia will be welcome to apply to attend the course.
• Five (5) slots will be available for coaches from other regions outside of Asia and those national federations without their own coach certification programme wanting their coaches to be considered for the course should submit an application on behalf of these coaches.
• All application forms must be submitted by the national federations in order to be considered for the course.
ITU LEVEL 2 - COURSE PREREQUISITES:
The following prerequisites will be considered when selecting the final 20 candidates to attend this course:
1. Candidates must have held an accredited level 1 triathlon coaching certificate for at least 2 years and prove that they have been actively coaching during that time.
2. Candidates must be currently involved in the coaching of National Federation triathletes currently competing in ITU Junior or U23 events (National championships, Continental Championships or World championships).
3. A strong background in sport science and/or coaching science is highly recommended.
4. Candidates must agree to submit examination by the due date (6 weeks after last day of the course) and must also conduct a project in home national federation and submit detailed report within the deadline (3 months after last day of the course).
5. Applicants must be in good standing with their National Federation and all applications must be submitted through your National Federation.
6. A maximum of 20 candidates will be accepted for the course and it is suggested that application forms should be submitted as soon as possible as candidates will be accepted on a first come first accepted basis, as long as candidates meet the minimum requirements.
Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Zambales, Philippines.
All participants need to arrive at the course well prepared with the following information:
• Read the attached chapter from the level 2 manual on Energy Systems very thoroughly as this is essential to what lies ahead in the course.
Please also bring the following documents with you:
• Hard copy or electronic copy of the Annual Training Plan (ATP) from 2010 or 2011 season for one of the coaches current junior or U23 athletes competing at ITU level.
• Key swim, bike and run workouts currently used by the coach in pre-competition and competition phase of training plan.
• Testing (field or lab tests) currently used to evaluate athletes throughout the season
Application Deadline: Closed - Course Completed