TO Education Programme (ITU ATOEP)
Last edited on 02/12/16 at 8:36 am
The ITU Accredited Technical Officials’ Education Programme (ITU ATOEP), targets developed National Federations with an existing Technical Officials’ Education Programme and provides the opportunity for these NFs to have their existing programmes accredited.
More information on this programme can be downloaded here.
The accreditation will be based on four principles:
- The NFs’ Technical Official’s levels has to match at one point with the ITU Level 1 (NTO).
- The NFs’ Technical Official education programme has to include a three (3) level education pathway of their National Technical Officials (NTOs).
- The Competition Rules of the NF must match with the ITUs’ Competition Rules.
- The NF structure has to comply with ITU Constitution.
The accreditation process will be articulated in several phases.
- Request and programme submission
- Programme evaluation
- Control by ITU
The Accredited NFs will inform ITU about the NTO courses they are holding, with the place, date, programme and facilitator(s)’ names. At the end of each calendar year, these NFs can submit to ITU a list with their new NTOs, who have to comply with all the requirements, including officiating in an ITU event.
The ITU Sport Department will include these technical officials in the ITU Technical Officials’ database after it is approved by the ITU Technical Committee.
ITU Accredited Technical Officials’ Education Programmes
|Country Code||National Federation||Accreditation year||Website|
|ESP||Federación Española de Triatlón||2012||Link|
|GBR||British Triathlon Federation||2012||Link|
|IRL||Irish Triathlon Federation||2016||Link|
|JPN||Japan Triathlon Union||2014||Link|
|KOR||Korean Triathlon Federation||2016||Link|
|MEX||Federacion Mexicana de Triatlon||2013||Link||NED||Nederlandse Triathlon Bond||2016||Link|
|NZL||Triathlon New Zealand||2013||Link|
|SGP||Triathlon Association of Singapore||2013||Link|
|SUI||Swiss Triathlon Federation||2016||Link|