By Fergus Murray on 24/11/10 at 2:15 am
The continental confederations continue to work hard on finalising their regional calendar for 2011. Here is a summary of the progress so far from each continental federation.
- Europe: The European Triathlon Union has recently announced its continental events for the upcoming year. Pontevedra, Spain will play host to the ETU Triathlon European Championships and Junior Championships on 25th and 26th June. Read the full listings here.
- Asia: ASTC has confirmed that the 2011 ASTC Triathlon Asian Championships will be held in I-lan, Chinese Taipei on 24th and 25th September, 2011. More continental cups & championships in Asia will be available shortly. Click here for confirmed events.
- Americas: PATCO is very close to announce a complete calendar for 2011. As the triathlon season starts in early January, the PATCO events up to February have already been released. Additional race information for these events will be added over the next few days. The latest event list is available here.
- Oceania: Final negotiations are coming to a close to announce the 2011 OTU calendar shortly. The full list will be available here.
- Africa: The 2010 season is still coming to a close with two continental cups remaining this year: Pretoria-Tshwane and Mauritius. Read more here.