By Nicola Hargreaves on 07/09/11 at 10:21 am
Coverage of the 2011 Dextro Energy Triathlon ITU World Championship Grand Final Beijing allows athletes, friends and family alike to follow all the action.
Elite races will be shown live on triathlonlive.tv. The men’s elite race begins at 12:35pm local time on Saturday 10 September, with the women’s elite at 13:35pm on Sunday 11 September.
Junior and Under23 races will be covered with live timing, live text as well as a finish line camera provided free of charge at triathlon.org/live.
The live finish-line camera will also capture all age group athletes along with live timing and text commentary. Post race on demand finish video replays, highlights videos, results and marathon photos will all be available on triathlon.org.
Coverage at www.triathlon.org/live
- Live timing – Follow athletes live as they race against competitors from all continents.
- Live finish video – Fans can follow through the timing system and then watch live as you cross the finish line. You can search wave start times and then track progress through the course in real time.
- On demand finish video – Want to see your finish again and again? Simply type your name and relive your moment of glory. Available several days post event.
- Results posted to triathlon.org – Your times are recorded in the ITU history databanks and displayed forever.
- Action pictures - Professional photographers will be based throughout the course to capture shots of every athlete.
- Gallery of best shots on triathlon.org – ITU photographers will be out on course to capture the best of the age group event.
- Age group video highlights – Keep an eye out for the ITU TV crew and be part of our age group highlights and in with a chance of being featured in our TV show.
Coverage at www.triathlonlive.tv
Coverage of the elite races includes full live TV broadcasts of both the men’s and women’s race streamed on triathlonlive.tv. The broadcast includes complete course coverage of the race with at least 20 camera positions that wouldn’t be out of place in a Hollywood action movie, including boats, motorbikes, fixed, roving, jib and helicopter cameras.
The coverage will also include live graphics with timing, maps and profiles, and English commentary from Barrie Shepley, the long-time voice of the ITU.
If you miss a race live, a full race replay will be available on the website shortly after it finishes.
Adding to the race-day coverage, there will a magazine show, which will have in-depth race highlights. The video isn’t just made for computer screens; plug your computer into a TV and watch the full screen version of the broadcast in its full glory.
Each individual race or magazine show stream can be watched for just €1.99 or buy the half season pass for €12.99 and watch all the action from this season and the upcoming Yokohama races. Buying access will ensure you will be able to stream every event live, as subscription services are usually exempt from countries with broadcast deals, plus it allows the ITU to keep providing you the highest-quality broadcast.
Without a subscription, you can still follow the races for free on triathlonlive.tv with live audio commentary, live interactive text and live timing with individual athlete splits and local information like weather, maps and start lists. Video is only available through subscription.
Click here for more information and how to purchase a season pass
Click here for FAQ
Find more details about this event - 2011 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU World Championship Grand Final Beijing