While doing cycling training for an Ironman competition as an able-bodied athlete in 2005, he was involved in an accident with a truck that was travelling 100 km/hr. He broke his back in four places resulting in spinal cord damage, as well as breaking his pelvis and elbows. He spent five months recovering in hospital. As a result, he is paralysed in his left leg and has limited movement in his right.
He began competing in triathlons as an able-bodied athlete in 2001, and after his injury in 2005 he competed in his first paratriathlon in 2008. He is married and has two daughters.
- Winner of the 2016 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Event;
- Winner of the 2017 Devonport OTU Triathlon Oceania Championships;
- 2nd place at the 2017 Gold Coast ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 3rd place at the 2017 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Series; and
- 4th place at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Paralympic Games.
|6||15 Sep, 2018 - PTWC Men - 01:02:07|
|5||30 Jun, 2018 - PTWC Men - 01:08:10|
|4||17 Jun, 2018 - PTWC Men - 01:14:27|
|3||07 Apr, 2018 - PTWC Men - 01:04:13|
|1||17 Feb, 2018 - PTWC Men - 01:09:21|
|view full results|