National Federations wishing to become affiliated to the International Triathlon Union (ITU), the world governing body for Triathlon, Duathlon and related mutli-sports, need to meet the following requirements which are based on the ITU By-Laws and Constitution.
Letter of Application
Apply to ITU in writing declaring that the constitution of ITU will be strictly observed.
A copy NF constitution must include a clause that:
a) refers all unresolved disputes between the National Federation and ITU to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS); and
b) the National Federation has Anti-Doping Rules that comply with the WADA Code and ITU Anti-Doping Rules.
Governing Body Status
The National Federation must be recognised as the governing body for the sport in the country. This status must be confirmed by either the National Olympic Committee or the National Government Sports Agency.
The annual fee of $300 (US) must be paid.
An annual report must be submitted by 31 March each year that includes:
- Address, telephone, fax, and email of the National Federation
- List of elected officers, i.e., Executive Board
- An indication that a minimum of 10% women are included on the Executive Board. Provide their names and positions.
- Dates and Results of major Championships and events held during the previous year, i.e., National and state or provincial championships
NF Webpage on www.triathlon.org
- All elite, junior, U/23, age group and AWAD athletes who will compete at ITU Triathlon World Championships, World Cup, Continental Championships or Continental Cup events will have to be registered by the National Federation directly on “triathlon.org”.
- Each athlete entered by the National Federation will have a “profile page” automatically created which can be self-managed by either the National Federation or the athlete.
- All NF should post weekly or bi-weekly news stories on their webpage on “triathlon.org”.
- National Federations homepage will display the ITU logo linking to triathlon.org.
National Federation Starter Kit
Once the process of affiliating has begun, ITU has a “starter kit” available for National Federations that includes valuable resources to support new federations. The Starter Kit includes a promo video, the Kid’s Tri video and information on coaches programmes, competition rules, the event manual and many other documents. Please email ITU Headquarters to receive the Starter Kit which is everything you need to join in our global project of building triathlon together.
- 2018 Hong Kong ITU Technical Officials Level 3 Seminar Hong Kong • 02 Nov, 2018
- 2018 Mar de Pulpi ITU Technical Officials and Event Organisers Level 2 Seminar Spain • 02 Nov, 2018
- 2018 Funchal ITU Paratriathlon Technical Officials E-learning Course Portugal • 26 Oct, 2018
- 2018 Mexico City ITU Technical Officials Level 3 Seminar Mexico • 26 Oct, 2018
- 2018 Sarasota-Bradenton ITU Paratriathlon Technical Officials E-learning Course United States • 12 Oct, 2018
Richard Varga offers some tips on swimming28 Jun, 2017
Fernando Alarza cooks with chef Javier Olleros25 May, 2017
The growth of triathlon12 May, 2017
ITU Coaching Education13 Mar, 2017