“To create, support, and enhance, sustainable athlete and coach development programs worldwide”
The International Triathlon Union is committed to supporting the development of the sport worldwide. The ITU seeks to support these goals through strong relationships with continental and national federation constituents, working with its partners to offer a balanced development programme from grass roots to a high performance level. ITU has been able to establish a number of development initiatives that address the needs of young and elite athletes, particularly focusing on those from emerging and developing federations. These initiatives form the foundations upon which National Federations, particularly developing and emerging federations, can build an athlete development pipeline – a key element of any long term performance sports strategy. Such a pipeline is important as federations, athletes and their coaches strive for sustained competitive excellence at all levels of the sport.
Support the development of the sport through the empowerment of national federations and regions, in particular those with limited human and financial resources, through a set of strategic operations such as mentoring programmes, regular surveys and feedback that carefully addresses all areas of development.
- To create, support, and enhance, sustainable athlete and coach development programs worldwide
- To empower NGB’s to develop self sufficient programs that strive for sustained competitive excellence on all levels
- Offer a balanced development programme to all continental confederations to include support for High Performance, Junior, and Regional Grassroots Programmes.
- Increase participation in the sport of triathlon around the world, from community events to World Cup and World Championship races.
- Create and maintain viable partnerships with National Federations, Continental Confederations, Olympic Solidarity, and other organizations.
- Ensure athletes receive a consistently positive experience in the sport by recognizing and supporting global coaching education, mentoring (coach and athlete), and athlete development programmes.
“In countries around the world, sport, recreation and play are improving health; both body and mind. They are teaching important life lessons about respect, leadership and cooperation. They are promoting equality for all and bridging divides between people.”
- Monitor, assess, and evaluate athlete and coach development programme success (long term).
- Improve communication on all levels.
- Develop, fund, and implement a Long-Term Strategic Plan in sport development.
- Assist with internal governance where needed.
- 2020 ITU Technical Officials Level 1 Revalidation Online Course (Spanish) International Triathlon Union • 13 Apr, 2020
- 2020 Brussels ITU Mentors Course Belgium • 24 Apr, 2020
- 2020 Bridgetown OS-ITU Coaches Level 1 Course Barbados • 27 Apr, 2020
- 2020 ITU Technical Officials Level 2 Revalidation Online Course International Triathlon Union • 27 Apr, 2020
- 2020 Ankara OS-ITU Coaches Level 1 Course Turkey • 29 Apr, 2020
Bike fit tips with Rodrigo González07 Jan, 2020
2018 KTF ITU Coaches Course23 Dec, 2018
ASICS World Triathlon Team - Salinas World Cup29 Oct, 2018