2019 Lima Pan American Games
IMPORTANT – Please note that the attached Athlete’s guide is NOT official, and there are changes in the schedule contained in the guide. This document will be updated very soon. The schedules contained in this ITU webpage are the correct ones, and will soon be reflected in the guide. Please stay tuned to any changes, and the updated official version of the Athlete’s Guide.
SPECIAL BRANDING CONSIDERATIONS: Please familiarize yourself with the uniform guidelines. There are special considerations for logo sizes on every piece of equipment, and clothing. Water bottles will need to have no logos for example.
Playa Agua Dulce, Chorrillos – Lima – The city of Lima is one of few capital cities in the world located on the coast. The city offers public beaches very close to the city center. Chorrillos is about 30 minutes by car from the Athlete’s Villa, and about the same distance from the city center.
WE STRONGLY DISCOURAGE RIDING YOUR BIKE IN THE CITY OF LIMA.
Traffic is not conducive to safe riding, there are no bike lanes, and drivers do not have the needed respect for bicycles on the road.
SCHEDULE – NOTE: The most recent changes will be reflected here.
July 25th - COACHES BRIEFING - 17:00-18:00 - Chef de Mission Meeting Room, Athlete’s Village
July 25th - ATHLETES BRIEFING - BOTH Individual and Relay Events - 18:00 - 19:00 - Chef de Mission Meeting Room, Athlete’s Village
July 27th - FEMALES INDIVIDUAL EVENT – 10:00
MALES INDIVIDUAL EVENT – 13:00
July 28th - COACHES MEETING Relay Event - 10:00 - 11:00 - Athlete’s Village
July 29th – MIXED RELAY EVENT – 09:00
DISTANCES – INDIVIDUAL EVENT: 1500 M Swim; 40KM Bike; 10KM Run
WEATHER – Lima is actually in its Winter Season in July. It tends to be drizzly (not heavy rain), little sun, and sometimes windy. Days will range from 60-70 F/ 16-19 C. A wetsuit swim is expected.
FAMILIARIZATIONS AND TRAINING SESSIONS:
July 24th – Bike Familiarization – NEW! 10:30 -11:30 - Playa Agua Dulce, Chorrillos.
Swim Familiarization – CANCELLED – Playa Agua Dulce, Chorrillos. HIGH SURF Conditions.
Pool Practice OPEN - 10:00 - 14:00. Military Academy.
This day there will NOT be a formal Equipment Check as shown on the Athlete’s Guide.
July 25th - Bike Familiarization – 1100-12:00 - Playa Agua Dulce, Chorrillos.
Swim Familiarization – 12:00-13:00 – Playa Agua Dulce, Chorrillos.
• Additional pool, and track training sessions are shown on the Athlete’s Guides.
July 25th – 10:00-14:00
July 26th – 11:00-13:00
* All bikes must be registered, checked and left in place during the last control session on Friday, July 26th.
* if athlete’s do not check their bikes into the venue bike storage after the familiarization on July 25th, they will be responsible for transport of their bike at this time. Transport of bikes back to the Athlete Village will not resume until after the Mixed Relay event on July 29th. All bikes must be stored at the venue by 1:00pm on Friday, July 26
* Equipment verification will include compliance with the Games’ logo and brand policies. All the equipment used during the competition must be checked: uniform, wetsuit, goggles, sunglasses, water bottles, cap, bike, bike shoes, back-packs, towels, etc
TRANSPORTATION - TBA
MAPS – Coming soon!
- 2023 World Triathlon Development Regional Cup Lima
- 2023 Americas Triathlon Cup and South American Championships Lima
- 2020 Lima PATCO Sprint Triathlon Panamerican Cup and South American Championships
- 2019 Lima ITU Triathlon World Cup
- 2019 Lima Pan American Games
- 2018 Lima CAMTRI Sprint Triathlon American Cup