TRAVEL & PARTICIPATION – COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
COVID-19 continues to cause significant challenges which affect the travelling rules, depending on the country of origin or destination and the reasons for travelling.
MANDATORY TRAVEL LETTER OF INVITATION
Prior to the arrival to Nepal international participants in 2021 Asia Triathlon Cup and South Asian Championships Pokhara need to obtain a letter of invitation to enter Nepal. The document will be issued only to athletes, coaches, sport delegations, technical officials, media, technical staff accredited for the 2021 Asia Triathlon Cup and South Asian Championships Pokhara event.
To obtain the letter of invitation, please contact email@example.com and communicate:
1. Name and Surname as on your passport
2. Date of birth
5. Passport number
6. Passport expiration date
7. Name and address of your hotel while
8. Date of arrival
9. Date of departure
10. Email address to receive the invitation letter
SWAB TEST: TRAVEL REQUIREMENT
Travelers who need to undergo a Nasopharyngeal Swab test for their return journey from Nepal can reserve the service through the Local Organizing Committee.
The service will be available on the race venue on Thursday 8/9 May from 8:30 to 11:30 am
The reservation is mandatory and must be sent to the email firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 7th May 2021, complete with:
• Email address to receive the swab test result
• Scan of the traveler’s passport
• Service required:
COVID 19 PCR test: USD 90 result guaranteed on same day evening.
Registrations (entry) have to be completed exclusively through the National Federations via the World Triathlon online System (http://www.triathlon.org).
No exception admitted.
Individual entries are not allowed.
The LOC will provide all the organizing committee members, World Triathlon technical officials, athletes, coaches, VIPs, media, technical staff, volunteers, etc., with the official accreditation cards according to the World Triathlon Event Organizer’s Manual (EOM) and technical requirements,
• Accreditation cards for athletes and coaches will be handed out during the official registration after the race briefing with the race package.
• All the other accreditation cards will be distributed at the race office on the venue.
• Only accredited people will be allowed to access certain venue areas.
• Accreditation cards are color-coded and provide access to specific areas of the venue.
• Accredited people are requested to wear their accreditation cards at all times and to show them upon request
• Coaches and doctors will have to be registered through their National Federation via World Triathlon online registration system.
• Accreditations will be not handed out to anyone who is not previously registered, only one coach accreditation is allowed per Nation
• Accredited athletes and technical officials will have their body temperature checked, before the race.
RACE PACKAGE DISTRIBUTION
• Race package pick-up Friday 7th May 13:00 to 18:00 hours at LOC office (exact time to be communicated in race week. Please follow the triathlon.org website for updates).
• The use of mask and social distancing is mandatory.
• Athletes and coaches should arrive at the registration office according to the schedule.
Entry Fee: USD 100 (please check our complete package with accommodation, food and other travel related services.)
You can apply visa for Nepal at the Nepali Consulate or Embassy in your country. Due to pandemic, you cannot receive on arrival visa at the Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu. Please apply your VISA in time. Please check https://mofa.gov.np/
Contact name: Mr. Yubraj Sunwar
Phone: +977 9841975952
If you need visa invitation letter, please provide the following information and Passport Copy for each applicant
Birth Date (yyyy-mm-dd)
Passport Date of Issue
Passport Date of Expiry