a. World Triathlon Pre-event Covid-19 Screening Process
As has been communicated to everyone at the beginning of the season, all athletes along with the support staff applying for accreditation to a World Triathlon or Continental Triathlon event must respect the following pre-event Covid-19 screening conditions (as a minimum):
• Fill in the online pre-event questionnaire;
• Perform an Antigenic or PCR swap pre-travel test 72 hours before the athletes’ travel to the event or no later than 6 days before the event for local athletes/team support and NTOs. Tests that must currently be taken to gain entry to a country are valid as pre-travel tests;
• All athletes must submit a pre-travel medical certificate through the World Triathlon registration system according to the specifications listed in the World Triathlon COVID-19 guidelines;
• World Triathlon has developed an online tool for the World Triathlon pre-event Covid-19 screening process. Please follow the instructions below based on your role at the event to learn how to submit the questionnaire and upload the necessary documents https://triathlon.org/pre_event_covid_19_screening_guide
• The above process is standard at all events this season. Additional conditions may be imposed on events from the local health authorities. These additional measures will be communicated to all via the events’ Athletes Guides.
b. Entering Portugal
Before flying to Portugal please be aware of the protocols and Visa requirements applicable to different countries.
You can find all the information in https://www.vistos.mne.pt/en/
If you are a citizen from the European Union, the Schengen Space associates countries or any of the following countries (Australia, China, New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong and Macau) you can enter Portugal with a normal Short Stay Visa.
If you are not from one of the above countries, please remind this:
- You need an invitation from the Portuguese Triathlon Federation for the event;
- You need a declaration from your national Federation stating you will be representing your country in the Lisbon event;
- You need a negative SARS-CoV-2 test within 72 hours of your departure to Portugal;
- You need a short stay Visa;
- You need to send an email to email@example.com with your full name, date of birth, passport number and expiry date, your flight details and the place where you got your Visa. This email needs to be sent before May 12th
c. COVID-19 Test in Portugal
To enter the race all athletes must perform an Antigenic test at the registration tent. This test will be done Thursday morning, according to the following schedule:
Covid-19 Antigenic Test
Thursday, May 20th – 9h00-10h30 TBC
If the Antigenic test is positive, the athletes must perform a PCR Covid-19 test and stay at their hotel room in quarantine until the result of the PCR test is issued.
The organization can provide PCR tests at the site and its cost must be paid by the athlete.
Concerning the Covid-19 actual situation and the different procedures to cross boarders, the Event Organization will be able to guarantee Covid-19 tests to all those who need it to travel back to their countries after the race.
The laboratory is near the Oriente Train Station, 2km from the venue, at R. Polo Sul 2 A, 1990-273 Lisboa
The results will be available within 48h (most probably 24h) and will have a cost of 100€/per test, paid directly to the clinical analysis laboratory (https://www.germanodesousa.com/)
Those interested in this service need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and choose the schedule to do it:
- Thursday, May 20th, from 15h to 18h
- Friday, May 21st, from 16h to 18h
300 m, 1 lap
Water temperature: 17-19
Wetsuit use expected
7 km, 2 laps
1 uphill (600m with 4-8% gradient) and 1 technical section per lap
2 laps of 3.500m
1.8 km, 2 laps
Flat course at seaside.
2 laps of 900m
The Official Hotel is Olissipo Oriente, placed 200m from to the Oriente Train Station and Vasco da Gama Shopping Mall
Prices for the Olissipo Oriente Hotel are:
Single room (B&B): 110€
Double/Twin room (B&B): 120€ (price per room)
Price per meal: 24€
To guarantee this prices reservations must be made at https://www.olissippohotels.com/pt/Hoteis/Oriente/O-Hotel.aspx using “Client Code” FTP2021
Mixed Relay prize money distribution
|| 5,000 USD
|| 4,000 USD
|| 3,000 USD
|| 2,000 USD
|| 1,600 USD
|| 1,400 USD
|| 1,200 USD
|| 800 USD
|| 600 USD
|| 400 USD