a. Pre-event questionnaire
On the race week all athletes, coaches and team medical should fill in the pre-event questionnaire at:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gkxqQZi_82DJ2VNey4xh9b-eALjRIxUJblxqfquBVF8/viewform?edit_requested=true
The pre-event questionnaire must be filled in in order for the athletes to receive their race packages and the coaches to receive their accreditations.
b. Medical certificate
Due to the current situation of the COVID-19, the World Triathlon Medical Committee has made mandatory for all athletes to submit a pre-event medical certificate for participating in the event:
• The medical certificate must be issued in English by the National Federations’ medical staff or a personal doctor and submitted to the responsible person assigned by World Triathlon at the time of the race package distribution. Alternative, the medical certificate can be submitted electronically to World Triathlon at (email@example.com);
• The certificate must declare that the athlete has been examined and he/she has not tested positive to PCR nasopharyngeal swab test and/or is not in quarantine and has been without any COVID-19 symptoms for the previous 14 days;
• The certificate must be signed by a doctor and the athlete and should be produced no later than 72hs before the person’s travel day to the event;
• In case of previous positive PCR nasopharyngeal test, the athlete must provide two negative PCR tests:
o One must take place prior to the medical examination in order for the doctor to take in consideration for signing the certificate;
o The second must be issued as close as possible to the event’s date;
o Please note that we are requiring the athletes to submit PCR test results, ONLY in the case of a previous positive PCR test. In all the other cases, the athlete must submit only the medical certificate;
• A sample of the Pre-Travel Medical Certificate can be found in Appendix 1 of the World Triathlon COVID-19 guidelines;
• In cases where this certificate is not provided, the athlete will not be allowed to compete.
c. Entering Portugal
Before flying to Portugal please be aware of the protocols and Visa requirements applicable to different countries.
You can find all the information in https://www.vistos.mne.pt/en/
If you are a citizen from the European Union, the Schengen Space associates countries or any of the following countries (Australia, Canada, China, South Korea, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay) you can enter Portugal with a normal Short Stay Visa.
If you are not from one of the above countries, please remind this:
- You need an invitation from the Portuguese Triathlon Federation for the event;
- You need a declaration from your national Federation stating you will be representing your country in the Lisbon event;
- You need a negative SARS-CoV-2 test within 72 hours of your departure to Portugal;
- You need a short stay Visa;
- You need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, date of birth, passport number and expiry date, your flight details and the place where you got your Visa. This email needs to be sent before May 12th
d. COVID-19 Test in Portugal
To enter the race all athletes must perform an Antigenic test at the registration tent. This test will be done Thursday morning, and the schedule will be announced with the start list
If the Antigenic test is positive, the athletes must perform a PCR Covid-19 test and stay at their hotel room in quarantine until the result of the PCR test is issued.
The organization can provide PCR tests at the site and its cost must be paid by the athlete.
Concerning the Covid-19 actual situation and the different procedures to cross boarders, the Event Organization will be able to guarantee Covid-19 tests to all those who need it to travel back to their countries after the race.
The laboratory is near the Oriente Train Station, 2km from the venue, at R. Polo Sul 2 A, 1990-273 Lisboa
The results will be available within 48h (most probably 24h) and will have a cost of 100€/per test, paid directly to the clinical analysis laboratory (https://www.germanodesousa.com/)
Those interested in this service need to contact email@example.com and choose the schedule to do it:
- Thursday, May 20th, from 15h to 18h
- Friday, May 21st, from 16h to 18h
300 m, 1 lap
Water temperature: 17-19
Wetsuit use expected
7 km, 2 laps
1 uphill (600m with 4-8% gradient) and 1 technical section per lap
2 laps of 3.500m
1.8 km, 2 laps
Flat course at seaside.
2 laps of 900m