Andorra welcomes the world’s winter triathletes to compete for the honors at the sport’s showpiece event in 2021. Andorra’s Naturlandia adventure park, near the town of Sant Julià de Lòria, will be home to the 2021 World Triathlon Winter Championships Andorra. A breathtaking natural setting, nestled within the mighty Pyrenees, will be the arena where athletes will combine the disciplines of running, mountain biking, and cross-country skiing across a sprawling winter landscape.
Disciplines and distances:
ELITE/U23: Standard distance
Run: 4 loops = 7.9km
Mountain Bike: 3 loops + connection to T2= 11.3km
Cross Country Ski: connection + 4 loops + connection to finish= 12.8km
JUNIOR /AGE GROUP/ Paratriathletes: Sprint Distance
Run: 2 loops = 4.1km
Mountain Bike: 3 loops + connection= 4.9km
Cross Country Ski: connection + 1 loop + connection = 4.4km
2x2 TEAM RELAY
Run: 1 loop = 1.5km
Mountain Bike: 1 loops = 3.2km
Cross Country Ski:
- Athletes 1 – 2 – 3: connection + 4 loops + connection to relay zone = 2,45 km
- Athlete 4: connection + 5 loops + connection to finish = 2,55km
The World Triathlon Winter Championship Andorra is open to different categories in which athletes will compete over the event weekend. Categories will vary in distance.
Spanish and French athletes: they must prove a negative result of an antigen test up to 48 hours before their arrival in Andorra.
The rest of the athletes must prove a negative result of a PCR or TMA test up to 72 hours before their arrival in Andorra.
- All athletes and NF support team members must submit a negative COVID test to the organization, TMA or PCR test performed before travelling to Andorra.
- The organization will provide an antigen test to each athlete and NF support team members. Athletes competing on Saturday will take the test on Friday and those competing on Sunday will take the test on Saturday. The cost is supported by the organization.
- The use of FFP2 mask is required for all attending the OPTIONAL face-to-face briefings. We remind you that online briefing and recording will be take place:
Elite/U23, Juniors, 2x2 Mixed Relay – Thursday 18 March 2021 – 18:00 CET
Please register: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ypPWrFFPSiemIRcfge925A
Age-Group, Paratriathlon - Friday 19 March 2021 – 18:00 CET
Please register: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_D0ykpBW9Tg2CUUM6BMG9mA
Before the race
Andorra has no entry restrictions. The Andorran Health Authorities request a PCR or TMA negative test before travelling to the event. This applies to all participants an accreditated staff/ support team members.
Athletes will pass through either France or Spain in order to enter the country; these links contain information about the current regulations in each of these countries:
Spain: http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/LONDRES/es/COVID19-UK/Paginas/Requisitos-de- entrada-en-España.aspx
After the race
For all those athletes who need to present a negative test to return to their country, we provide the option to do a TMA or PCR test in Andorra. Each athlete must contact their federation to request the test in advance. The event organisation will not pay for this test.
Any positive result confirmed by medical staff managing the onsite antigen test service will lead to an exclusion from the competition. Positive cases will be reported to and subsequently managed by the national health authorities. Any person testing positive as well as his or her close contacts will not be allowed to compete or take part in the event.
In case any athlete or staff member needs an invitation letter, they must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Name and surname:
• Date of birth:
• Passport number or identity document and expiration date:
• Competition category:
• Name and address of your hotel:
• Date of arrival in Andorra:
• Departure date from Andorra:
Please note that invitation letters will only be issued to all duly registered or accredited athletes, or staff members through the registration process marked by the World Triathlon.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS TO PRESENT AT RACE PACK DISTRIBUTION
1. PRE-TRAVEL MEDICAL CERTIFICATE FOR - ELITE/U23, JUNIOR, AND PARATRIATHLON ATHLETES
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and according to the World Triathlon Medical Committee it is mandatory for ALL ELITE/U23, JUNIOR, AND PARATRIATHLON ATHLETES to submit a pre-event medical certificate to participate in the event:
• The medical certificate must be issued in English by the National Federations’ medical staff or a personal doctor and submitted to the responsible appointed by World Triathlon before the race package pick-up distribution.
• Alternatively, the medical certificate can be submitted electronically to World Triathlon at email@example.com;
• The certificate must declare that the athlete has been examined and he/she has not tested positive to the PCR nasopharyngeal test and/or is not in quarantine and has been without any COVID-19 symptoms for the previous 14 days;
• The certificate must be dated and signed by a doctor and the athlete and should be produced no later than 72hrs before the person’s travel day to the event;
• In case of a previous positive PCR nasopharyngeal test, the athlete must provide two negative PCR tests:
o One must take place prior to the medical examination;
o The second, as close as possible to the event’s day;
o Please note that we require the athletes to submit PCR test results, ONLY in the case of a previous positive PCR test. In all the other cases, the athlete must submit only the medical certificate;
• A sample of the Pre-Travel Medical Certificate can be found in Appendix 1 of the World Triathlon COVID-19 prevention guidelines for event organisers. To download the certificate click here.
If the certificate is not provided, the athlete will not be allowed to compete.
2. PRE-EVENT QUESTIONNAIRE - ALL ELITE/U23, JUNIORS, PARATRIATHLETES, AGE-GROUPERS, COACHES/TEAM MEDICAL/SUPPORT NF PERSONNEL
On the race week ALL ELITE/U23, JUNIORS, PARATRIATHLETES, AGE-GROUPERS, COACHES/TEAM MEDICAL/SUPPORT NF PERSONNEL, WORLD TRIATHLON STAFF, TECHNICAL OFFICIALS should fill in the pre-event questionnaire (annex 3 of World Triathlon COVID-19 prevention guidelines for event organisers).
The link will be sent by the World Triathlon Sport Department one week prior to the event.
The pre-event questionnaire must be filled online in order for the athletes to receive their race packages and the coaches to receive their accreditations. (please note that only one coach and one team medical accreditation by NF will be distributed).
Prize money distribution
Elite Men and Women
Elite Mixed Relay