Polish Triathlon Union Seeks Head Coach
Head Coach, Polish Triathlon Union
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To lead the coaching delivery within the Polish Triathlon World Class Programme to develop a Polish Triathlon team which delivers medals at the Olympic Games in 2024.
The Head Coach will work in partnership with the personal coaches to support the development and implementation of the four-year Polish Triathlon Olympic strategy.
- To take primary responsibility for the coaching support to athletes and coaches identified in the Olympic Podium to convert them into qualifications at the 2024 Olympic Games.
- To provide support and development for the personal triathlon coaches of identified Olympic Podium and Olympic Academy Squad members offering guidance where appropriate.
- To lead the coaching of senior elite teams at the Standard Distance European Championships, World Championship ITU Series Final, the Olympic Games and other major standard distance competitions.
- To lead the coaching at senior squad training camps and other national senior training camps.
- To contribute to the development of Polish Triathlon’s coaching network.
SUCCESS CRITERIA / MEASUREMENTS
Optimum preparation of Polish athletes at the Olympic Games and other major elite standard distance Championships. Quality of the coaching support provided to Olympic Podium and Olympic Academy Squad athletes, their personal coaches and Polish senior teams.
Triathlon coach experience,
Significant experience of elite coaching and substantial experience of high performance sport as an athlete, coach, or administrator.
An understanding of Long Term Athlete Development
An understanding of elite coach development
Technical (swim, bike, run, transition) knowledge
Physiological and tactical coaching knowledge
An understanding of the use of sports science and medicine in elite athlete preparation
An understanding of team dynamics and creating an effective team
An ability to coach and mentor coaches
An ability to work with a number of athletes and balance individual and team requirements.
An ability to understand the needs of others and relate to and engage with elite athletes and coaches
COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE
Commitment towards achieving excellence in triathlon within the framework of the Polish Triathlon’s performance system as defined by delivering medals at all levels from junior to senior elite.
Applications in writing detailing your qualifications, experience and interest in the role, should be sent marked Private and Confidential to Zbigniew Łasica: email@example.com