Application Deadline: 15 May 2018
Course Language: English
The course has been granted by Olympic Solidarity and not open for international participation.
A five (5) day course. Introduction to coaching Triathlon. Principles and Practices of safe and ethical coaching. Swim, open water, bike, run, transition theories. Swim, bike, run practical and assessments. Debriefing and evaluation.
APPLICATION FORM attached to be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. ONE COACH FROM EACH REGISTERED CLUB OF THE FEDERATION (10 TOTAL)
2. ONE COACH FROM EACH REGISTERED ACADEMY WITH THE FEDERATION (5 TOTAL)
3. THE REST PLACES WILL BE DECIDED ACCORDING TO CRITERIA THAT WILL BE SET FROM THE FEDERATION BOARD (athletes or coaches of Cyprus Triathlon Federation, relevant university degree, years of experience)
ITU Level 1 coaches will be able to plan, deliver, review basic triathlon sessions, ideally under supervision of more qualified coaches to guide their coaching practice and development. However, the ITU understands that this is not always possible, especially in developing NFs, so Level 1 coaches may work unsupervised provided they operate within the remit of their training and qualification. Coaches should check if there are any specific restrictions within their own NF.
The ITU Level 1 coach is considered equivalent to the International Council for Coaching Excellence (ICCE) Coaching Assistant role. The definition of which closely matches the ITU Level 1 Coach role description.
Individuals who display the following attributes:
• Desire and aptitude for coaching, with a passion for helping and supporting others;
• Willingness and open-mindedness to learn new skills;
• Ability to participate in the course fully and complete all required assessment;
• Commitment to fulfilling the roles and responsibilities expected of an ITU Level 1 Triathlon Coach;
• Potential to make a positive impact on Triathlon Coaching and Development in their region;
• Agree to abide by the ITU coaches Code of Ethics.
Coaches should be able to demonstrate the following in their application:
• Active Coach, already be an active coach or have access to start coaching immediately following the course;
• Recommendation by local NF and commitment to develop coaching skills;
• Be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course programme;
• Demonstrate a high level of spoken and written skills in the language the course will be delivered in;
• Attend 100% of the course;
• Ability to complete all online tasks, will require access to a computer to access ITU Education Hub before, during and after the face to face element of the course; •
It is strongly recommended that candidates have appropriate insurance cover before undertaking any independent coaching practice;
• Completion of application form.
More details on
ITU Coach Education Program
ITU Coach Development Pathway
ITU Coach Education Documents including the Level 1 and Level 2 Triathlon Coach - Curriculum Document & Schedule
Closest airport: Larnaca Airport,CYPRUS
Local transportation: TAXI
Visa requirements: No
Host hotel: CLEOPATRA HOTEL
Host hotel address: Florinis 8, Nicosia 1065, CYPRUS