Course Language: Other
Course Language: English and Spanish
World Triathlon Development hosts a Facilitator Seminar for Technical Officials and Coaches to take up this role and be part of the knowledgeable and experienced World Triathlon Facilitator Team. World Triathlon Facilitators deliver TRI Educational Programmes (courses, seminars, clinics, camps) all around the world or online making sure that our education programmes are up to our high standards and quality.
The course is a 3-day intense face-to-face seminar with blended learning elements on the World Triathlon Education & Knowledge Hub.
During the facilitator training course, facilitator candidates will have the opportunity to demonstrate their triathlon specific knowledge and skills, but the real purpose of the course will be to help develop and refine their facilitation skills.
They will explore the difference between “what you teach” and “how you teach”.
It is assumed that facilitator candidates know “what to teach” due to their triathlon specific knowledge and experience so the course will look at how they teach ensuring that they can deliver World Triathlon courses using a teaching style that is learner centred.
By the end of the facilitator course, facilitator candidates being able to:
- deliver training that meets individual training needs, is inclusive and respects diversity in a professional manner demonstrating good management of learners and learning activities.
- set clear learning outcomes for sessions to direct learning, check for understanding and assess if learning has taken place.
- use a variety of audio-visual aids to aid learning.
- use questioning to encourage learners to reflect and enhance their learning.
- use group work and manage feedback from groups.
- create safe learning environments that allow learners to review, reflect and learn and receive feedback from other learners.
- develop the competence of learners by facilitating learning in practical contexts.
- ensure the health and safety of learners and others entering the learning environment.
- demonstrate an understanding of learner centred education.
- deliver learner centred education in classroom, field and online environments.
The facilitator candidates are invited for this course based on their knowledge, education, expertise and current involvement with World Triathlon.